Counter

Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome Fusion & Eclipse Parents!!

Welcome Parents!! Looks like a fantastic week will be in store for your campers this week. A night time themed camp always brings fun activities and adventures! I'm also looking forward to hearing updates about our Fusion Group. Going to camp is always fun, but even more fun with friends and people you know.

This blog is for you, the parents. I am in contact with the camp periodically through the week and travel out there when I can. I check on your campers if you'd like for me to, give you updates to their daily fun, and hopefully give you a little insight to the life at camp. Maybe I can give you some suggestions on what to write to your campers about when you email them.

I am a former Camp Director and now a parent of 4 children. Two of them are old enough now to experience camp. They had a blast, by the way, but it was a totally different experience to sit in the background as a parent and not as a Camp Director with very little control over their activities and overall experience while they were there. And I've even been a pretty laid back parent, but the idea of letting them go to camp by themselves for some reason really threw me for a loop. It was an interesting thing for me.

Anyway, I hope you'll check back with me. I haven't received the schedules for the week yet so I'm not sure how these particular sessions will be different. But, typically the campers start out their first night with a "Counselor Hunt". It's a great way for the kids to get to know all the staff and their roles. Each night they have worship with a fantastic worship band, and a fun activity. Kids missing home seems to have been fairly low this summer. I haven't heard of too many cases, and those who were missing home had counselors and new friends very quickly helping them through it. They all usually have one night they cook out on the fire and "sleep out" somewhere. Rain has not hampered any of their plans or changed any schedules. The kids and counselors have made the best of it all summer so far and had a blast in the rain. However, here's hoping for a week of little to no rain.

Keep coming back. Let me know how you're feeling so far about your kids being at camp. Ask me questions. No question is a silly one and it helps me with the blog. Your comments and feedback throughout the week also helps the staff in their planning for next week. Without parents and their support there wouldn't be a place for your kids to go for an awesome week of playing, exploring, and learning about God in a unique environment such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment